Labels

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

[Opinion] Upgrades Galore

I know I haven't been posting but there's a good reason for that. I swear. LoL. I recently just upgraded my motherboard from the very ancient motherboard and CPU combo last week. Went from the AMD64 platform to the Intel side. Got a 1.83ghz e6300 that's clocking nicely to 3.0ghz on the stock cooler and voltages. I also picked up a GTX 285 by BFG that comes stock overclocked.  Huge leap from my very old nVidia 6800xt.  Well as anyone has planned for anything can tell you, sometimes a snag in your plan appears.  I got the video card home.  Opened up my case.  Looked at the connectors and the power requirements of the new video card again and realized that my power supply wasn't gonna cut for this beast of a card.  Back to the drawing board.  I'll be looking for a new power supply now before I'm able to run my new video card. That's how the cookie crumbles.

I know this isn't the very latest and greatest in hardware but I'm not part of that crowd.  Nor can I afford to be.  This is proof that you can game and not spend $600 to $1000 on a PC gaming rig.  Upgrade what you have and game on.

My new monster: GTX 285 OCE

No comments:

Post a Comment