After installing Ubuntu 10.10 and trying to pair my Android phone to it I started getting an error that stated "Cannot start "Personal File Sharing" Preferences". Basically I could pair my device to the PC but could not send or receive any files. If you're having this problem here's a quick fix for this:
How to receive files via Bluetooth on Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick
1. Go to the Ubuntu Software Center.
2. Search for "personal file sharing" without quotes.
3. Install the "personal file sharing" package.
4. Click the bluetooth icon & select "preferences".
5. Click receive files button thats near the bottom of the new window.
6. Check the receive files check-box.
7. Hit the close button & your done.
Sending and receiving files should work now. Thanks to Aamir Aarfi for the great information over at botskool.com.