Labels

Saturday, December 8, 2012

[Software] Paint.net

This is a new weekly article where I pick an application that I feel is worth at least checking out.  The first merges the simplicity of Microsoft Paint and power of The Gimp into one handy little app that makes you wonder why Microsoft doesn't package this into Windows themselves.  It goes by the name Paint.Net and is great for doing any type of pictures that requires graphic manipulation which is something that paint just lacks in.  But if you've ever sat down to Photoshop or Gimp, you'll know those two programs are not easy to pickup or intuitive to the new user.

Paint.net has enough features to get the job done.
I love this program for its many features that normally you would have to pay for which makes this app even better.  This app comes in at the low great price of free.  Really can't beat that.  It also has a plugin and add-on feature that you should be able to find on their community but I can't comment on that because I really haven't needed them yet.

If you like to do quick little image edits and often find that MS Paint lacks some key features and the image editing suites or either to expensive or hard to use I highly recommend this app.  Go see for yourself at Download Paint Net.

Edit: In case you didn't figure it out, I forgot to mention this is a Windows only app.

No comments:

Post a Comment